How to convert NSF files to PST files?
As you all know that IBM Lotus Notes and MS Outlook store their mailbox data in NSF files and PST files respectively, you need to convert NSF files to Outlook supportable PST file format to access them in MS Outlook.
Both MS Outlook and Lotus Notes are hugely popular email applications but Outlook has an upper edge when it comes to data management & security features, user-friendliness, and cost.
Migrate Lotus Notes data to MS Outlook
You can manually migrate Lotus Notes NSF files to MS Outlook environment. Performing manual NSF to PST migration is absolutely free but it requires certain technical knowledge. Manual method is a bit lengthy as it involves numerous steps.
Before performing the migration, take backup of NSF files and close all the running applications. Manual NSF to PST migration goes through two stages process–
- Export required NSF files to a desired location, and
- Import the same files to MS Outlook
To export Lotus Notes NSF files, perform the following steps:
- Open IBM Lotus Notes >> NSF database file
- Click on File > Export (Export Wizard window appears)
- Select desired saving location to save the file >> Select Comma Separated Value or Structured Text in Save as type
- Type a new name for the exported NSF file and select the Export button
Selected NSF file is successfully exported to the specified location. Now, import the exported NSF file to MS Outlook. Perform the following steps:
- Open MS Outlook
- Click on File > Import (Import & Export Wizard window is open)
- Select Import from another program or file; click Next
- Select Comma Separated values (Windows)
- Browse the location of Exported NSF file and check Replace duplicates with item imported
- Select a folder to import the data and click Next (Import process begins)
- Click Finish
Exported NSF file is successfully imported to MS Outlook. However, the manual method is not very much reliable and has certain limitations and drawbacks. Manual method doesn’t guarantee complete data migration and involves risk of data loss as well.
You can use a professional software to migrate Lotus Notes data to MS Outlook. Though, using a professional NSF to PST Converter brings additional cost, but you can be assured about no data loss as the professional tool ensures complete data migration. Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook tool is renowned to perform effortless migration of entire Lotus Notes mailbox data to MS Outlook in a user-friendly manner. It operates in two data scanning modes – Standard Mode and Advanced Mode.
The software provides option to save migrated NSF files in RTF, HTML and TXT formats. Migrated NSF files observe absolutely no change in data hierarchy after migration. You can download the free trial version of the software to check its features and functionalities. And if you find it good, you can purchase the software. Trial version can convert one NSF file and saves first 10 items from each folder of the converted NSF file. If you wish to save more than 10 items, you need to purchase the software.